Thursday, January 16, 2014

Pinkeye Remedy


This Monday, My baby girl's eye started draining.  My husband had been complaining of his eyes watering a lot from allergies so early Monday, I'd written this off as just allergies as well (her daddy and her are both super sensitive to a lot of the same things!)  By Monday evening, the draining turned to GUNK.  Red Flag.  I knew it either had to be pinkeye or an ear infection because the last time hers did this, it was her ears.  I started frantically looking for something I could do at home to ease this.  

Honey.  Seriously, the best stuff ever.  

3 tablespoons of honey & 1 cup of water.  Heat in the microwave (or boil if you prefer).  Then apply the entire amount to the affected eye.  We keep real-deal honey at our house at all times.  I started this Monday evening at her bath time.  On Tuesday, I scheduled an appointment to see her doctor.  They'd told me with my son that sometimes pinkeye can cause drainage and lead to an ear infection.  I couldn't get her in until Wednesday afternoon.  I continued to clean her eye with this solution once a day.  Her eye NEVER matted shut.  The picture below is her eye (the right one) after having pinkeye for 2 days.  No matting.  Today it's slightly pink around the eye, but not severe & not hurting as bad. 



 I will also add that since she had viral conjunctivitis, she ended up with a fever shortly after her doctor's appointment.  But by 5 am today, it's been gone since.  This was a picture of my baby sleeping last night.  Again, with NO matted eye =) 
So mamas, if your babies get cursed with this crud, try the honey ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment