Monday, January 13, 2014

Budgeting Progress


This was only a little bit of my groceries I managed to get today.  I went to Aldi & got all this for $20. I got sour cream, spinach, mini corn dogs, Jif to-go cups, 2 packs of flour tortillas, Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing, Baked Beans, 2 lbs onions, Cherry tomatoes, lettuce & a pack of diapers.  

I also went to Sam's and Walmart as well to get my meats & other groceries I needed for the week ahead.  I also got a rotisserie chicken to work for 2 meals, a 4 lb pack of boneless skinless breast, salmon, sausage biscuits for my princess, stuff to make ooey gooey bars, and other random things.  

I felt super accomplished when I got home and had all the groceries laid out from all 3 trips. Sticking to a $50 a week budget for my household may not be so hard after all.  And this all was with NO coupons!! 

Hopefully next week I can get pictures of my entire trip and do even better!

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from Bloggy Moms! I remember trying to stick to such a tight budget. I used a few coupons back then, but not a lot. I have recently started shopping at Aldi's and I am thrilled with the prices of basics like butter, cheese, lunchmeat and spices! Last week, I found huge grapefruit for just .39 each for my grandmother! I spend about 200 per week on groceries/household supplies now for a family of 5. We are planning a big vacation this year, so I think it is time to cut back on those little extras to help save up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you looked into the dollar a week challenge?? I'm planning to buy Christmas with CASH this year because of it!

    ReplyDelete