Friday, January 3, 2014

I Will Save Money.

So this year I've decided to set a pretty tight budget.  I want to have our finances under control and not to go spend just because we've had it.  Also, doing this will allow for some date nights, which we all know are essential. 

I've heard amazing things about the cash envelope system.  I'm in the process of getting my envelopes together.  I've written all of our expenses down.  IF we end up sticking to this budget or going below it, Christmas will be paid in cash that we've saved.  AND, we will also have a chunk to put back for our new home (or hopefully we will be in it by then!!)

Again, I'm hoping this won't be a NY resolution I think I can do and give up on immediately.  But so far, i've stuck to my grocery budget for the week.  And hopefully, with the help of coupons, I'll start going WAY below it.  

Anyways I'll keep you updated ;)

4 comments:

  1. This is so needed in our house! I just have to take the time to do it! I haven't had any luck with using coupons. I either forget my them or they are for the wrong store or expired. Maybe my NY resolution should be to be better at it!
    Cheers!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been told so many times how cash systems don't work. So needless to say we are leaving our bills that are being auto drafted alone. Hard to keep up with those with munchkins ;) I'll let ya know how this progresses!

      Delete
  2. I've started the 52 week savings today. I to am trying to save for the year, just to know that all my money isn't going to waste. I hope this year is more so full of accomplishments than it is disappointments for all of us! the best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck to you too Neisha! I hope we both have a great year and save a ton. I don't know if you've used stockingspree.com before but they have major coupons! You sign up for a booklet and I've gotten boxes of Luvs diapers for $8 before! Keep me updated on your progress ;)

      Delete