Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Homeschooing Update

So this week we've just started back to school.  Holidays, baking, travel & sickness required a little time off.  We've all had the crud going around.

We started back Monday very easy.  Reading more than usual with a few worksheets to ease back into things.  Yesterday we went back into full swing, with the exception of reading our sight words.  Sometimes that's a tad frustrating when he's had time off.  And today we started back with everything & then some.  I added a new workbook into the mix.  "Math Made Easy: Kindergarten Workbook.  It's a 2001 edition.  But I also have a 4 year old that I'd like to get a jump on math with. He can count like it's nothing.  And I realize it's an older edition.  But he LOVED it today.  Any activity or book I can use to get him engage in and make him interested in math is gonna go down.  Seriously, I HATED math until high school and then again in college.  I want writing & math to be things he LOVES.  

Anyways, short I know, just wanted to give a little update on our week thus far school-wise.  Here's a link to the workbook if anybody's interested!



<iframe src="http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=aditloas-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B00FFHVK3Y" style="width:120px;height:240px;" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

4 comments:

  1. That's great. I don't think the older edition matters at all. After all, math doesn't change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am going through your site, I am noticing more and more that we have in common! I will be back for sure! I am homeschooling a Kindergartener at the moment...with a 4 year old on her shirt tails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ya'll. I absolutely love homeschooling and my 2 year old is doing it as well. She has picked up SO much more than I expected by just sitting down at the table when bubba does it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello... I'm following you now... if you wish to follow my blog back...
    ttbdivas.blogspot.com
    I'm going to nominate you for the Liebster Award... it is for that ones that have less than 200 followers... Check out my blog soon. Thanks

    ReplyDelete