Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Homemade Chicken Quesadillas & Hot Salsa

Quesadillas are hands down one of mine & my husband's favorite foods.  But of course, cutting back on our grocery portion of our budget isn't going to allow us to splurge to go eat mexican anymore.  So this week, I got a rotisserie chicken to stretch out over two meals for us (I will also add that this was SUPER easy to make). I decided to try my hand at making homemade quesadillas.  I SUCCEEDED! My hubby loved these more than our local mexican restaurants! And it runs roughly $10 to make 6 of them =)

To make them, I used::

1-1/2 lbs rotisserie chicken
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
1 onion, diced
1  16 oz tub of goat cheese 
Flour Tortillas

Start by dicing all of your veggies.  Then put them in a frying pan with some EVOO on medium high heat to saute.  While your veggies are on, tear your rotisserie chicken & heat up your goat cheese.  When your veggies are done, make a thin layer of them across your tortilla.  Then make a layer of chicken on top.  And then add your cheese.  I also choose to pour cheese on top of my tortilla once i've folded it up (My name is Amanda & I'm a cheese addict.) Then enjoy ;)






I also made my hubby a tub of homemade hot salsa as an added bonus!

To make my salsa, I use::
1  12 oz jar of hot jalapeno slices, not pickled!
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 onion, diced
1 tbsp garlic

Add all of these in your blender, mix & enjoy ;)




2 comments:

  1. YUM! We love Mexican in our house. Thanks for the recipes!

    Jessica
    www.daftlydomestic.com

    ReplyDelete