Saturday, November 9, 2013

Our Week

It seems like as the days go by, I see more & more progress with Kade's homeschooling.  Not just being "that mom" who swears she can do this.  It is TOUGH.  At times I've wondered if I was capable of teaching him some of the things efficiently enough for them to sink in.  My baby boy is now reading 96 words.  Words like: yellow, must, why, who, little, funny, pretty, etc.  I have taught him using flash cards, made him spell the words as he goes, mixed up the cards in the deck so it isn't just a sequence memorization & made him read in beginner level books.  My baby can read!  Such an exciting time.  His handwriting is also improving by the day.  He LOVES doing the worksheets & games I pick and print for him.  I plan to write an entire post on all the reasons why I'm thankful to be homeschooling.  Because I'd be here all night if I started now! I'm just feeling very blessed to be this sweet baby's mama and teacher.  

This week at OT my baby & his sissy made bird feeders out of pine cones, suet, peanut butter & bird seeds.  We dug for the pine cones ourselves & only picked out good, firm ones.  They mainly did this because it's a new texture & it was fun.  Super fun activity and he loved to see them hung in the trees at home.  So excited to see the birds eating off of them & make more as we need them.


And a little update on my picky eater....he is now eating beef.  Tacos & hamburgers so far.  Salsa & cheese are a new thing as well.  SO PROUD!! He's come so far in just a few months.  But his OT ROCKS!!


As for me, I am having surgery in just a few weeks.  I've been having some pain, hormonal issues & come to find out I have a fallopian tube swollen up like a football, more ovarian cysts ( SHOCKER...NOT), they plan to check my appendix & do an ablation as well.  It's been a super eventful month with doctor visits galore.  But I am OVER the pain.  Who has time to be in so much pain when they have beautiful babies to raise?? Not this lady.  I'll keep you updated.

And I'm also planning Kyleigh's birthday party as well.  It will be just days before my surgery.  Which also happens to be the day of Christmas pictures with THE best photographers around =) Yes, I'm cramming all things possible in before I go "under the knife".

I just wanted to give some updates on our week ;) Hope you guys enjoy your weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. You are going to be one busy lady! I hope your surgery goes well - keep us updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will. So sorry I'm just now seeing my comments. Being on these mobile versions really messes with me! I am definitely going to be busy at least until New Year's Day lol.

    ReplyDelete