Monday, January 23, 2012

Manic Monday

Mondays are stereotypically the worst days of the entire week. The hardest to get through after having the weekend to spend time with your family, the longest day of the week getting back in the swing of things & even moreso looking forward to the next upcoming weekend.
My day today was even more dreadful because of a pre-op appointment for my son. My two year old, Kade, is scheduled to have tubes put in his ears and his adenoids out on Thursday. His appointment consisted of absolutely nothing that couldn't be conducted over the phone. No weight or blood taken, only instructions of what to do the night before & what to do for the days and weeks after. I've had many surgeries myself, these things were nothing I'm not accustomed to. However, i was informed that since toddlers' tolerance of anesthesia is different than that of an adult he will be "floppy" afterwards. Definitely what I want to hear. My child will be floppy. Anyways, Needless to say after the 30 minute drive and being woke up from a nap, I had a very cranky & uncooperative child who simply wanted to leave. I don't even know his surgery time, we will receive the call with the time on Wednesday afternoon. We were told to expect to have to be there between 8 and 9:30 am. Despite my frustration after this appointment the staff are amazing & super patient. This is just an experience any parent would dread. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight Wednesday = Thursday morning with a thirsty & hungry toddler should be quite interesting. Expect an interesting post Thursday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment