Monday, July 14, 2014

Manic Monday

Before I gave birth to Kyleigh, I heard from every Girl Mommy how much "easier" girls were than boys.  Today is a day I certainly beg to differ.  Last night I got choppy "nap sleep" as usual.  As soon as Kyleigh's feet hit the floor this morning she's been on a war path.

Stealing Kade's crayons as he did his school lesson. (This mama doesn't break for summer.)

Pulling Kade's hair as he was doing his school lesson.

Refusing to put her clothes until we were literally walking out the door today.

Also refusing to put her shoes on the right foot.

Needing certain cups and plates.

Not wanting her hair pulled up because it gives her a headache.

Not wanting to play outside because apparently the 90 degree weather outside today is hotter than the 100 degree days we had a few weeks ago.  Note that on those days, I had to drag her inside.

Telling her brother she doesn't love him & he isn't her best friend anymore.

I'd blame it on the "terrible twos" but I know that three wasn't any better with Kade.  And I will give her credit, potty training was a BREEZE with her!  However, I am expecting my first gray hair any day now.

4 comments:

  1. I've earned plenty of gray hairs! Hang in there. Our strong-willed adopted daughter is now 21 years old and about to go to college to become a cop. She'll work herself through college as a store security team member. They have the personalities they do for a reason, but when we first got her (she was 7), she was a leader-among-boys from a Ukrainian orphanage, and she took all the emotional strength my husband and I had to veer her toward acceptable behavior. Faith, prayer,
    and exercise were my mainstays! Have we shared "Likes" via the Friday FB hop? I'll Like your page right now. My FB page: https://www.facebook.com/kathryn.dahlstrom?fref=ts. My blog: www.kathryndahlstrom.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've sent you a request ;) I agree, personality shows SO early. I think my girl not sleeping at night and being cranky all day goes hand in hand. But this is all new to me. My son slept all night every night when he turned one. It's so easy to get discouraged when you have a strong-willed child.

      Delete
  2. LOL, I don't think one is any easier than the other. We have a son 20 , and daughters 18, 16 and 10, Each of them have brought their own challenges, and each has been the 'easiest' in some way. Hang in there, it will get better. These early years are hard work, but I promise it is worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boys have roared into their terrible twos too. Hang in there and know you aren't alone!!

    ReplyDelete