Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'm A Soccer Mom




My baby boy had his first and second soccer practices this week. The first practice included: lots of playing with dirt, minimal listening & a tad bit of soccer.  Not to forget, an overly nervous mama who was constantly correcting.  When we left the first practice, his main concern was "I need a whistle like the coach has!!"

By the second practice, I'd had a pep talk with Kade.  He'd been told that we have plenty of dirt at home to play with and at soccer we were to play with friends, listen to coach & kick the ball.  And at the second practice, he applied what he'd been told.  And he's actually getting good.  We have another week of practice ahead next week and then games begin.  Wish us luck, i'll keep you updated on this new adventure ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I remember those days. After games, my daughter would tell us how many airplanes she counted while handing us the dandelion bouquet she'd picked while on the field. The hardest part of joining the ranks of soccer mom is making sure you let the coach be in charge... 11 years later and and I'm still biting my tongue half the time. The other half I'm screaming, "That's your space. YOUR space. Kath-er-ine! Keep her out of YOUR SPACE!" If looks could kill... :)

    ReplyDelete