Monday, March 3, 2014

I'm THAT Parent


Tonight my baby had his first real soccer game.  
It was chilly & super windy.  It had rained this morning, so I came to the game equipped with folding chairs to avoid a wet butt.

Aside from that, I became THAT parent.  The one who yells to guide their child in the right direction.  
"Kade get the ball!" 
"Kade go with your team!"
"Kade run, run, run!!"

Yes THAT parent. 
When I watched my little cousins play soccer and saw how truly obnoxious some folks can get over youth soccer, I swore I'd never be this kind of parent.  But tonight I realized this: my child looks to me to guide him in the right direction.  The coach has 7 children to watch over and can't constantly be directing my child the whole time.  If I don't tell him he's going the wrong way, he can't learn to go the right way.  If I'm not telling him how to steal a ball & what team we're against, he won't know because he's too big of a sweetheart to just take things.  If I don't teach him in each and every little area of life, I can't say I've really done my job as a parent.  From sports, to education, to relationships with others, I will be THAT parent until my children are both old enough to make their own decisions without my interference.  So, tonight I also realized it's okay to be this way.  They're only little for so long.  And I intend to serve them as well as I can until they're grown =)




1 comment:

  1. I don't blame you! And I don't find these parents that annoying. It's the ones that start fighting in the bleachers that I question. Enjoy it :)
    I saw your blog on Bloggymoms. Would love for you to check me out too. I'm also a SAHM. Take care! Danielle
    http://whereisthemama.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete