Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A Bit Slack

So I've been a bit behind on writing just about life in general.  

Well this past month my husband & I decided we were tired of our living situation.  We own a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house that has been sufficient until recently.  A 21 month old & a 4 year old cannot share play areas in perfect harmony.  No duh, huh?  The fighting had gotten to the point that the kids spent more time in time out than they did actually playing at home.  My parents have land galore & all of the kids' yard toys anyhow.  Not to mention our land is directly in front of theirs.  So we decided to move on in with them.  We have been with them for about 4 weeks now.  The fighting has slowed down drastically.  

And I've always heard that moving back in with your parents once you've been on your own is the WORST idea.  Things haven't been picture perfect.  But it's over simple things like, "Why is the dishwasher running again?"  Seriously.  So happy with our current living arrangements.  We've also decreased some debt by turning off utilities.  Our dream home will be a reality as soon as our current home is sold or rented.

Another thing that has kept me from blogging as frequently as i'd like.  Sickness.  My children have had this horrible crud and have been so sweet as to share it with me.  Fevers.  Chest pain.  Horrible cough.  Sweet, huh?  Seriously i've been taking temps, wiping noses, cleaning vomit, administering meds, and sleeping in between.  For a month.  So glad it's nearly moved out of our home.  

We've also added a new family member.  She's furry, has four paws & bites ankles.  My kids are over the moon.  One trip to pick up a booster from my cousin & It was a done deal.  She is a lab/cocker spaniel mix and goes by the name Duff.  My son saw a dog named Duff on "Too Cute Puppies" and has been saving the name for weeks.  Anyhow, here's a picture of our new baby. 


And lastly, homeschool has been going AMAZING.  Kade is now reading 26 sight words.  I bought this deck of cards for $5 when I decided to homeschool.  It's a deck by Mead, includes 55 cards.  Kade is excelling in every activity & subject we have done so far.  He begs to do school, even when he's sick.  Just a quick update on school.  Thank you for reading!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda!
    Congrats on the new addition to your family (He is adorable and I love the name Duff). I am so happy for you and your family! I think you made a wise move, under the circumstances, and it’s so great to have the stability your childhood home offers. The support of Mom & Dad has no measure and we gotta be grateful for that. I am sure your dream home is "just around the corner." But for now, I wish you and your family (new addition included) a wonderful life and harmony!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh thank you Yaumara! It's exciting to start getting ideas of floor plans and of course Pinterest ideas for decor.I love most of all being able to document & share these thingd with my readers =) and today Kade read 29 sight words! Love homeschooling!!

    ReplyDelete