Thursday, May 30, 2013

My Super Easy, Super Cheap, Super Yummy Supper

So about a year ago, when I had more time for Pinterest, I found this recipe i wanted to try.  It was a mexican dish with Jumbo Shells.  I searched every store i went in but they only had the "Large Seashells" about the size of elbow macaroni.  
Monday, I finally found the shells I'd been looking for at Bi-Lo.  My only problem was, after all of this time spent searching, now my pin had been lost.  Instead of spending hours looking for the recipe I wanted, I devised my own::

Ingredients:
1.25 lbs Ground Chuck
1 12 oz Box Mueller's Jumbo Shells
1 small onion
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
2 cups shredded cheese (I prefer block cheese)
1 can Manwich

Preheat Oven to 400 degrees before starting.
First you start by browning your ground chuck, boiling your shells & sauteeing your veggies. 
When that is done, drain all grease & water from them.  Then take the shells and line them with cheese.  Then you add the hamburger meat, followed by the sauteed veggies.  I lined all my shells up in a baking dish, then topped them with the Manwich.  
Then, put the dish in the oven & bake for 10 minutes.
Let cool about 5-10 minutes (who likes super hot cheese??) & enjoy.  

Super Cheap and Easy meal and amazingly yummy.  My husband is a picky eater and LOVED this.  Hope you do as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment