Thursday, May 9, 2013

EASY Homemade BBQ Recipe

So, on Monday I found an amazing sale on Boston Butt Roast at Bilo.  I decided to buy it and attempt to make homemade barbeque.  We LOVE BBQ! But seriously, at $8 a plate, we hardly ever eat it.  I found a recipe that was simple enough to try with two kids and didn't require me to be glued to my kitchen either.  

It called for::

Boston Butt Roast
An Onion, Diced
1-16 oz. Bottle of BBQ sauce (your choice of flavor) (I used Kraft Thick & Spicy Brown Sugar-also on sale)
And about a cup of water to help steam and tenderize the roast

I cut my meat off the bone and trimmed the fat.  I started my roast cooking in my 5 quart Crockpot at 3:30 Tuesday afternoon on low.  I let it cook all night and turned it off at 8:30 am Wednesday morning so i'd have time to shred the meat before drum lessons.  Absolutely tender meat, easy to shred & YUMMY!! Also got my mama's approval (she is the toughest barbeque critic ever!!) and my husband said if i try slaw with it (I only added beans as a side this time) that it is gonna be hands down his favorite and most requested meal.

Just wanted to share this with anybody who loves barbeque but doesn't wanna pay an arm & a leg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment