Sunday, April 9, 2017

Homemade (AND EASY) Cookie Cake

 I know very few people who don't get excited looking at cookie dough. This was my favorite part of the process. Sampling the cookie dough. You know, like any good wife & mother would. My husband took my daughter to a birthday party for a friend's daughter a few weeks ago. AND, like a man, forgot to bring our son a piece of cake home. I got talked into making a cookie cake at home between the boy child and the husband also. This is one of the easiest desserts I make, and doesn't require expensive ingredients.

What You'll Need::

For The Cake::
10 tbsp butter
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 egg & 1 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla
1 2/3 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup chocolate chips

For Optional Frosting::
4 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder 
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1-2 tbsp milk
sprinkles

Instructions::
For the cookie::
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F & Grease pan IF you prefer, I've found that glass baking dishes work best for me, and NOT greasing my pan. You can also use pie pans.

Cream butter & sugars together for 2 minutes and then mix in egg, egg yolk & vanilla.

Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Use a wooden spoon to mix in all but 2 tbsp of chocolate chips and then press the cookie dough down into the pie plate. Sprinkle the remaining 2 tbsp of chocolate chips on top & press them down slightly.

Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let cookie cool completely, and run a sharp knife to loosen the edges.

For Frosting:: 
Beat all the ingredients together until smooth, adding extra milk if needed. Place into piping bag or icing gun & use desired tip!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment