Monday, December 28, 2015

DIY Lego Table from Ikea Lack

My babies have been SO into Legos for a while.  My son is a major Minecraft fanatic and my daughter had sweet-talked her Mimi into buying her the Elsa Ice Castle Lego set. With several sets on their way to our house, I started Googling to see how pricey Lego tables can run you.  RIDICULOUS!! Some of the cheaper ones were more expensive than making my own from Ikea would be.  I decided to buy two Ikea Lack tables. The white one for my daughter was on sale for $7.99 and my son's green one was $9.99.  Shipping ran me $10.  I got on Amazon & found the gray 48x48 Lego Classic Baseplates for $14.99 with free shipping with my Prime account.  I read that the Gorilla Wood Glue would be my best bet at getting the baseplates to stick to the table.  This ran me $4 at Walmart.  It took all of 5 minutes to glue the baseplates on and I let them dry overnight.  Screwing the legs into the tables took the longest amount of time.  I spent roughly $63 on the supplies and a whopping total of about 40 minutes making both tables.  The kids were SO surprised Christmas morning and love them already.  They've been put to the test and when you use the Lego pry tool, the baseplates do not budge or show any signs of loosening from the table top.  I highly recommend making one if your kids are into Legos and you don't want to spend a small fortune!!





No comments:

Post a Comment