Monday, April 22, 2013

Second Extreme Couponing Trip...Still Getting The Hang Of It

I'm still trying to pick out the best sales, pick and choose my coupons wisely.  I have gotten a bigger notebook and am searching for more baseball card sleeves for keeping my coupons neat & organized.  This morning, i did search for a few items i needed coupons for and signed up for email coupon lists. 

I had a few odds & ends to get today and a gift for a baby shower, not much of a list.  I made a trip to Bi-Lo, since their sales seemed to cover the majority of our needs.  

My purchases include::
3 boxes of Hamburger Helper (Sale $1 a box; coupon for $0.75 off purchase of 3)
12 Hershey Almond Bars (BOGO- $5.88 for all, covers hubby's lunch & snacking for the week)
2 Packs of Reese Cups (BOGO- $0.98 for both)
Lysol Wipes (2/$5; coupon for $0.50 off purchase of 2)
Whiskas Wet Pouches for our furbaby (Regular Price)
2 Clear Value Paper Towel Double Rolls ($1.35 per roll; had 2 coupons for $1.00 off each roll)
Pampers Swaddlers (Sale $9.99; Coupon for $1.50 off the pack)
Scott Naturals 12 Pack Toilet Paper (Sale $7.49; Store Catalina for $1.50 & $0.75 MFR Coupon)
3 Pack Brita Filter Refills (Sale $17.99; Coupon from Coupons.com for $3 off the pack)
Spinach (Regular Price)
Bananas (Regular Price)

*I also had a coupon for $10 off a $50 purchase that my aunt received in the mail as well.

Before my savings from my Bonuscard my total was a whopping $100.42.  My Savings between coupons & Bonuscard brought my savings total to $57.54.  I got $100 of groceries for $45.68.  I also earned $0.25 in Fuelperks today between their bonus items and my total.  I'm hoping to start planning all of our food & snacks around sales and cut my grocery bill in half ASAP! Just wanted to share my second awesome trip! 






2 comments:

  1. Way to go with the savings! I have found that a meal plan helps me save money. It is great to have a stock pile of things from couponing, but if you don't actually have a plan on how you are going to use the food you just have a lot of food :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you plan your meals around sales & coupons? I've heard you can get stuff for next to nothing if you do it that way. I just started 3 weeks ago. I got tired of seeing all these people with their super low grocery receipts when we were spending up to $150 a week.

    ReplyDelete