Monday, March 7, 2016

No-Sew Fleece Blanket


 This past week Kyleigh asked me why she only had one no-sew blanket.  She also let me know that she's "not into" Hello Kitty anymore.  We decided to break down and make her a new one.  She chose her My Little Pony fabric at Hancock and helped me a little bit with this process.  Super simple.  Super soft blankets.  Here are the steps::

You will need::

(These will make fleece blankets big enough to cover a twin bed)

2.5 yards solid fleece fabric
2.5 yards themed/patterned fleece fabric
Crafting/Quilting Scissors

Lay both pieces of fleece out on top of each other. I keep my theme piece facing me since this is the side that will be facing up when in use typically.  Line them up together and begin to trim around. (Most fabric that has a copyright will have a white strip on the edge with writing.)  

Next, you are going to cut your corners.  You will cut a 4 inch by 4 inch square off of each corner of your blanket.  



Then, you will cut 1 1/2 inch strips all the way around the blanket.  These will be your knots around the edges. It doesn't matter which corner you start at either.


You will tie these strips together (the set will have a solid and printed piece.) Do This all the way around until this is your finished product.


Final Step:: ENJOY!! It took me roughly an hour and forty five minutes to make this just because my baby girl wouldn't quit trying to jump over it.  I also got pictures of her with it but they all had silly and blurry faces.






No comments:

Post a Comment