Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Organ Removal with two small children...

So, yesterday I had both of my tubes removed, ovarian cysts removed, an ablation ( I knew about all of this) & they also found a hernia (totally unexpected).  I had been in a TON of pain and I had major swelling.  Going into this surgery thinking I would be absolutely miserable, not able to do anything, and have two children who would be furious with mama for not being able to hold them.

TOTAL OPPOSITE!!

Kyleigh is only 2 and from simply seeing the bloody "boo-boo stickers" knows that mommy can't pick her up.  Instead, she holds my hand and patiently walks beside me.  When I want to snuggle with her, I cram a pillow between us and she lays on my chest.  Totally cooperative for a 2 year old if I may say so!

Kade (4) is completely grossed out seeing my stomach all bloated, gross steri-strips, and VERY protective.  He has scolded his sister for even being rough around me.  He constantly tells me that he loves me and asks if I'm okay.  

This experience will hopefully eliminate all of this ridiculous pain I've had.  And it's totally rocked my socks off as far as showing me how mature these kiddos are!

Just wanted to share & brag a tad ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yay for sweet and sensitive kiddos! So sorry you had to go through all of that, I pray you have a quick and easy recovery.

    ReplyDelete