Monday, May 21, 2012

Preparations For Switching To An All Cloth Household

Recently, I've been following many fellow mommy bloggers who are pretty hardcore about cloth diapering (wipes, wet bags, etc as well). I did some more research into it myself. I looked through dozens of different diapering brands, learned all of the acronyms along the way, and decided I wanted in on this! Thanks to my amazing parents for helping us along the way by buying our diapering needs for both children!!

I chose Charlie Banana one size diapers to start Ky off with. We bought 12 of the Tutti Fruitti one size diapers, 12 extra Medium/Large inserts, Planet Wise hanging diaper pail, 90 Tender Bottoms (on Etsy) cloth wipes (for both kids), PW cloth wipe case & a PW Medium wet bag. We have already started using our wipes and they are amazing. I highly recommend checking out Tender Bottoms on Etsy!!

I spent about 4 hours washing all of my stash up and hanging them in various places to dry. I've discovered we now need a folding drying rack as a result.

I haven't run out of disposable diapers yet but I wanted to be completely set up for our first day =)

Look for updates coming soon!!



Here are some pictures of my stash as well!!


This is only the first set of 30 we bought. The two new sets are washing as I type this.










No comments:

Post a Comment