Sunday, April 1, 2012

Our First Attempt with Homemade Baby Food

About a month ago my mama bought us a Baby Bullet to make homemade baby food for my daughter. Target had an AMAZING deal. You buy the Baby Bullet, on sale for $59.99, and get a $10 GC.

We decided to use up all of the jars we had first and use frozen veggies from our garden last year. Last night we decided to start using up our squash we had before our new harvest comes in.

Using it was much easier than I thought. I boiled up my squash for ten minutes. Then, I got all of my storage jars and lids, my fridge tray, and the Baby Bullet itself. I mixed up the squash until it was about the consistency of applesauce. I pour the squash in five jars, freezing a jar for Kyleigh to eat when it cooled, and put the rest in the fridge.

The squash was a hit. Ky usually spits out half of a spoon per bite. With the squash it was hardly even a drop back out.


I took pictures of the process & results =)



Final Result: Happy Baby =)

No comments:

Post a Comment