Sunday, April 9, 2017

Homemade Fried Pickles

So, lately I have been desperately wanting some fried pickles. My little couponing self had a ton stashed back from a haul a few months back that were basically screaming to be used. These were SO easy to make and absolutely delicious. Even the kids loved them!!

What You'll Need::

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
2 eggs
1 cup milk
3 cups of thin sliced dill pickles, drained
Oil (for deep or pan frying)
Ranch dressing for dipping *optional*


In one bowl, mix flour, salt & papper.

In another bowl, beat eggs & stir in the milk.

You may want to blot off your pickles on paper towels to get rid of any moisture.

First, coat your pickles in flour mixture. Cover both sides well. Then, dip them in the egg & milk mixture; and then return to the flour mixture for a final coating.

I had my oil in my deep fryer set to 350 degrees. I fried about 10-12 pickles per batch. Most recipes say for about 3 minutes, mine took 7-10 to get to a desired golden-brown and crunchiness for my crew. Serve them warm, with your topping of choice & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment